Who can apply
Any limited company, regardless of size, registered in England, Scotland or Wales can apply for funding.
To be eligible companies must:
- Select and employee their placements before 31st Dec 2021
- Provide a 6-month resource placement opportunity
- Provide detail on the job type and responsibilities
- Provide evidence it is a newly created role not replacing any current role or contractor
- Provide evidence of how they will support the young person’s future employability (cv help, interview skills training, career advice)
The Kickstarter scheme highlights:
- Fintechs need to provide a 6-month resource placement opportunity
- Companies can have more than one placement at a time but they must be newly created roles
- The Government will pay their minimum wage for 16-24 year olds up to 25 hours a week, plus NI and auto enrolments
- The Government also pay employers £1500 per placement for set up costs towards equipment, training etc
- The deadline for placements to be in place is Dec 2021
- There are no mandatory requirements for the companies to provide permanent full-time employment at the end of the 6-month placement, although there is a hope that the young person would prove themselves, gain work experience and may be suitable for internal opportunities or other external employment.
- Applications can only be made for a minimum of 30 placements