Open Banking Expo will bring together the innovators, disruptors and visionaries who will shape the future of Open Banking. Leaders and experts from financial services, fintech and regulation will reveal lessons learned from year one and what Open Banking 2.0 looks like.
This year’s event is again headlined by the developer of the first-to-market Open Banking API, OpenWrks, and will be held on Wednesday, 13th November 2019 at etc. venues near St Paul’s Cathedral in London. More than 400 senior executives are expected to attend. The agenda is now live at www.openbankingexpo.com/london. Open Banking Expo was shortlisted for ‘Best Conference’ earlier this year at the AEO Excellence Awards.
Don’t forget to use are 10% discount code ‘POWER50’ when registering.
With 60+ C-level headliners speaking from the UK’s largest banks, credit card providers, business lenders, charities and regulators, delegates will enjoy a full agenda that will this year span five stages. Speakers include:
High Street Banks
- Mark Curran, Director of Payments and Open Banking, CYBG
- Søren Rode Andreasen, Chief Digital Officer, Danske Bank
- Hetal Popat, Programme Director, Head of Open Banking & PSD2, HSBC
- Paul Davis, Retail Fraud and Financial Crime Director, Lloyds Banking Group
- Adrian Smyth, Head of Innovation, RBS
- Eduardo Martinez-Barrios, Head of Open Banking, Santander
Challengers / Alternative Lenders
- Andrew Smith, Chief Technology Officer, ClearBank
- Jason Maude, Head of Technology Advocacy, Starling Bank
- Sven Schindele, Products Director, Tandem Bank
- Didier Baclin, Chief Innovation Officer,Zopa
- Sujata Bhatia, Senior Vice President, American Express
- Liz Oakes, Vice President Payments, Mastercard
- Mark Nelsen, Senior Vice President, Open Banking, Visa
- Nick Fahy, Chief Executive Officer,Cynergy Bank
- Richard Kerton, Chief Executive Officer,Esme Loans
- Chris Rieche, Chief Executve Officer,iwoca
- Myles Stephenson, Chief Executive Officer,Modulr
- Olly Betts, Chief Executive Officer, OpenWrks
- Keith Grose, International Lead, Plaid
Policy and regulation
- Bill Roberts, Head of Open Banking, Competition & Markets Authority
- Charlotte Crosswell, Chief Executive Officer, Innovate Finance
- Imran Gulamhuseinwala, Trustee, Open Banking Implementation Entity
- Erik Porter, Interim Chief Executive Officer, The Money Charity
Open Banking was introduced by the government last year to encourage the development of new financial products and services to provide more choice for customers. After banks have implemented dedicated APIs for third-party providers in September, consumers should soon start to see the benefit of the innovation as new products and services are rolled-out. As the largest event of its kind, attendees at the Open Banking Expo will discover how this new technology will continue to disrupt traditional methods of banking and payments.
Open Banking Expo’s managing director Adam Cox, comments: “Open Banking is on the road to transform how we use financial services. The challenge of making this new way of banking more accessible remains, but Open Banking has incredible potential to improve people’s lives through new tools and services such as those designed to help people in debt. Now in its second year, the Expo is a unique forum to explore how Open Banking will change financial transparency and choice for consumers.”
Managing director of headline partner OpenWrks, Olly Betts, comments: “The next twelve months are set to be the most exciting yet. With consumer awareness on the rise, the impact that Open Banking has for the people that can truly benefit from it is more apparent than ever. With the launch of businesses such as Tully and Toucan that use Open Banking as a force for good, the true value is only just being realised.
But the ecosystem isn’t stopping there it’s continuing to collaborate, grow and improve and events like The Open Banking Expo help make this happen, it brings together the biggest and the best from incumbents to fintechs to the government to discuss all things Open Banking. At OpenWrks we’re looking forward to being the headline sponsor of this prestigious event for the second year running.“